These Grade 2 Listed, Victorian Memorial Chapels in Cornwall were constructed in 1856, and are situated in the ‘new’ cemetery of St Columb Major in Cornwall.
The towns’ original cemetery, next to the church, could not accommodate further internments, so an additional resting place was established. The North and South chapels were constructed and used as mortuary chapels.
The internal Lime plasters to the porches [of both chapels] were in a state of disrepair and St Columb Town Council instructed us to replace them. Using an appropriate Natural Hydraulic Lime / sand mortar, a 3–coat Lime render was re-introduced to this project in Cornwall.
On this project, paint application was achieved with the assistance of Cornwall Young Farmers.
Lime Rendering Listed Building Cornwall – Lime Rendering Cornwall