You Are Never Too Qualified To Learn New Skills
- Published: 17 November 2016 17 November 2016
- Hits: 1678 1678
In early October Leslie Cornell Senior attended a training course to learn about Energy Efficiency Measures for Older & Traditional Buildings which was held at the National Trust South West Regional Hub - Killerton House. The course was aimed at both Listed and Non-Listed buildings that were constructed pre-1919.
The training was made up of the following modules:
- Age, Nature and Characteristics
- Assessing options for the introduction of Energy Efficiency measures
- Making recommendations and giving advice on the introduction of Energy Efficiency measures
Within the above modules were some very interesting elements, some of which are shown below:
- Insulation (external or internal) for solid wall construction.
- Avoidance of ‘cold spots’ to internal walls and condensation.
- Ventilation – mechanical and/or natural.
- Ventilation to roof spaces and under floors.
Leslie Senior found this course to be very informative and can now advise, with greater accuracy, cost effective and efficient solutions to common problems found in historic buildings.